Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Belmont Double Gothic & Scan from BookIT

I don't yet own this BDG, and as far as I'm aware it's the only other which was published (but I could be wrong about this). Scan obtained from Fantasticfiction.co.uk.

In my most recent post, I mentioned obtaining Images (via Ebay) which BookIT had posted. I snagged a handful of them; the most appealing imo and the majority of which I don't yet own. Here's the 1st of those:




















I both sort of like this...and sort of don't. It's different from most cover art for the era, has a definite "Nancy Drew of the '50s" style to it. The bold colors are oddly appealing, and I do like that forked lightning bolt lashing out from the approaching menacing black clouds to strike at the stately pine trees. ;-) Beauty and terror!

No comments: